Monday, May 14, 2012

Raindrop

Can a small and totally unforeseen detail spoil or improve a photo?

Took this one in Manchester city centre in the evening, it had just begun raining and I was in a hurry, never a good thing in photography. Only noticed the consequence of a tiny raindrop on the lens when reviewing the image at home, too late to return and reshoot. Is this raindrop immediately visible to anyone who views the photo? Does it spoil the image? Or does it add something to it? Or maybe it does nothing at all, just sitting there, as the photo would be as interesting / as boring without it? Or maybe I should just shut up? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Tallinn, Harju County, Estonia
I have decided to start my own blog and do so in English as the language that all my friends and curious strangers are most likely to understand. I am a keen amateur photographer so here you will see my own photos with some occasional comments. If you want to use any of my photos for something, please let me know! Each post contains at least one photo and be sure to click on "Read more" to view some of the photos. Enjoy!